Electronics (alt.electronics)

krem

Default help identify large smd cap

Hello I"m trying to identify a capacitor. I believe it to be tantum but
other than that no idea. Thanks for the help.. cap =
http://www.lehigh.edu/rck6/public/www-data/cap.jpg

Tim Wescott

krem wrote:
Hello I"m trying to identify a capacitor. I believe it to be tantum but
other than that no idea. Thanks for the help.. cap =
http://www.lehigh.edu/rck6/public/www-data/cap.jpg

10uF tantalum. I'm not sure how or if the voltage is shown on these,
but you might be able to infer it from the board it's on (derate by
about 30 - 50%, i.e. for a 12V line use a 25V cap).

---------------------------------------
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Boris Mohar

krem wrote:
Hello I"m trying to identify a capacitor. I believe it to be tantum but
other than that no idea. Thanks for the help.. cap =
http://www.lehigh.edu/rck6/public/www-data/cap.jpg

10uF tantalum. I'm not sure how or if the voltage is shown on these,
but you might be able to infer it from the board it's on (derate by
about 30 - 50%, i.e. for a 12V line use a 25V cap).

---------------------------------------
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
http://www.wescottdesign.com