Electronics (alt.electronics)

Stanley Braverman

Default RCA F38310 dead

My RCA F38310 just went completely dead. The remote or pushing the power
button does not turn on the receiver. Before I start pulling it apart I was
wondering if anyone has ran into this problem with this model and what have
you found that caused this problem.. This way I might have a better chance
of finding what has caused the problem.

Lawrence Lucier

Stanley Braverman wrote:

My RCA F38310 just went completely dead. The remote or pushing the power
button does not turn on the receiver. Before I start pulling it apart I was
wondering if anyone has ran into this problem with this model and what have
you found that caused this problem.. This way I might have a better chance
of finding what has caused the problem.

Go to Google at:

http://www.google.ca/grphp?hl=en&tab=ig&ie=UTF-8

Type in the following search terms:

RCA F38310 repair

You'd probably be better off asking your question(s) in the
"sci.electronics.repair" newsgroup.
Art

Suggestion: If you are not familiar with Thompson's Chassis in this set you
may be much further ahead taking it to an authorized service. These
particular sets and the similar Projection Chassis built on the 306/307
series chassis can be a challenge. Not only can the satellite receiver cause
the set not to function at all that are also a multitude of power supply and
regulation circuits in these sets that must sent the appropriate data to the
mpus before final power on sequence is realized. If, however you do want to
attempt this please order the CD set from Thompson, including the
troubleshooting diagnostic flowcharts. Initially you can open it up and see
if the main power fuse, near the rear apron, is blown or not, if it is there
are 2 separate power regulator circuits that can cause this. If, however the
fuse is not blown then you are in for a hunt.