Electronics (alt.electronics)

Colin Dawson

Default Making a %on circuit.

Hi all

I'm in the process of getting the parts to make two of these circuits....

http://www.geocities.com/iecmaster/c...ir_msr017.html
(it's a 12v Battery monitor, using the LM3914 Bar Graph/Dot Driver IC)

I know that this circuit will work straight off the page, as I've seen it
(or a very close relation working, a few years ago)
I am wondering, if anyone could point me to a place where I could get a
slightly altered diagram....

What I'm intending to do, it place a 1K liner pot on another circuit. This
is used to drive a Pulse Width Modulator (a kit from Velleman, it works
great). I'd like to be able to use an LED display to see what the setting
the circuit is on. i.e. When the pot is turned fully counter clockwise, it
shows one LED and when turned the other way shows all LEDS. The pot is
connected into the circuit, and all three connectors are in use - one for
vRef, middle for current setting and the last for ground. Also I've got
access to the 12v battery that will supply the circuit.

Can someone provide me with some tips on how to alter this circuit? or even
an alternate circuit that will provide what I'm after?

Regards

Colin Dawson
www.cjdawson.com