Electronics (alt.electronics)

Charlie

Default [UK] Copper or Aluminum self adhesive tape

Right, two questions.

Firstly, can I solder both copper and aluminium tape? It won't chuck out
poisonous gasses and kill me or anything, will it?

Secondly, where can I buy 1/4" tape (either copper or aluminium) in the UK
online? I can find the stuff from 12mm up, but nothing smaller.

Thanks for your help.

Charlie.

Dan Hollands

right - are you trying to some kind of shielding?

Dan

--
Dan Hollands
1104 State Road

www.QuickScoreRace.com
"Charlie" wrote in message
Thanks. So I should go for the copper then.

Charlie.

"Dan Hollands" wrote in message
No worse than any other soldering - normal soldering techniques will not
work wtih aluminum

--
Dan Hollands
1104 State Road

www.QuickScoreRace.com
"Charlie" wrote in message
Right, two questions.

Firstly, can I solder both copper and aluminium tape? It won't chuck

out
poisonous gasses and kill me or anything, will it?

Secondly, where can I buy 1/4" tape (either copper or aluminium) in

the
UK
online? I can find the stuff from 12mm up, but nothing smaller.

Thanks for your help.

Charlie.

Dan Barlow

Charlie wrote:
Actually, I'm making pendants, but someone told me this stuff is used for
electrical circuits! I know, very strange, but I figured I'd get some help
here.

http://sales.goldmine-elec.com/prodinfo.asp?prodid=8273
0.36" Thick Roll of Copper Shielding Tape - G13754 US$10.00
-Dan Barlow