Electronics (alt.electronics)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.electronics

Default need FM antenna help

I cannot get the local station '91.3' (25 miles distance in mountainous
terrain.
I can receive it fine in my auto 30 feet away from my Sony 'GX5ESII'
receiver, where I can only get it by holding two 20ga. doorbell wires in a
certain position, with the mass of my body necessary to achieve this.
My Sony has two FM antenna plugs (300 ohm and 75 ohm) but I can only get any
reception at all on the 300 ohm I'm using.
Years ago a friend told me to use a dipole but he didn't know the
dimensions.
Would I best use a coaxial from the receiver to the dipole junction?
I sure would appreciate any help as the only radio I now enjoy (old age) is
NPR.

Old antenna for new tv Jdog Home Repair 31 September 4th 10 07:47 PM
One more antenna question: Antenna pitch? mm Electronics Repair 25 December 5th 09 11:23 AM
Adding another antenna to my existing antenna set-up Mike Home Repair 25 January 23rd 09 04:35 PM
diy uhf TV antenna [email protected] Electronics Repair 8 April 4th 06 04:14 PM
Antenna Gomez,Martin Electronics Repair 4 December 17th 04 10:23 PM