Posted to alt.electronics
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default need FM antenna help

"Pintlar" wrote in message
I cannot get the local station '91.3' (25 miles distance in mountainous
terrain.
I can receive it fine in my auto 30 feet away from my Sony 'GX5ESII'
receiver, where I can only get it by holding two 20ga. doorbell wires in a
certain position, with the mass of my body necessary to achieve this.
My Sony has two FM antenna plugs (300 ohm and 75 ohm) but I can only get
any reception at all on the 300 ohm I'm using.
Years ago a friend told me to use a dipole but he didn't know the
dimensions.
Would I best use a coaxial from the receiver to the dipole junction?
I sure would appreciate any help as the only radio I now enjoy (old age)
is NPR.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...a+dimensio ns