Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default USB - SD/SPI adapter chip?

Does anyone know where I can find some of the interface adapter chips used
in those USB-to-SD card adpaters? This looks like it transparently converts
USB data into SD (or possibly SPI) protocol to write/read to/from the SD
card.

Does anyone know more about these chips?

Thanks.

Dave

Posted to alt.electronics

On 2009-04-04, DEAU wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find some of the interface adapter chips used
in those USB-to-SD card adpaters? This looks like it transparently converts
USB data into SD (or possibly SPI) protocol to write/read to/from the SD
card.

Does anyone know more about these chips?

they convert SD (either serial or parallel) to "usb-storage"
they can probably not be used as generic SPI interfaces.

Posted to alt.electronics

On 2009-04-04, DEAU wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find some of the interface adapter chips
used
in those USB-to-SD card adpaters? This looks like it transparently
converts
USB data into SD (or possibly SPI) protocol to write/read to/from the SD
card.

Does anyone know more about these chips?

they convert SD (either serial or parallel) to "usb-storage"
they can probably not be used as generic SPI interfaces.

I really don't need to have them do any more (or less) than they already do,
though. We have an application which needs a USB to microSD interface.
We've been using the standard USB SD Card Reader (basically the USB -- SD
card module) with a Sandisk SD to microSD adapter card and putting the
microSD card into the adapter. That works. We're just trying to reduce the
number of mechanical connection points by implementing the USB to microSD
card socket directly.

I found one of the chips on my adpater module (the Alcor AU6331). Are there
other chips available?

Thanks.

Dave

Can I charge my laptop with a 60W adapter instead of a 90W adapter?! [email protected] Electronics Repair 4 January 7th 07 01:58 AM
Sell:Brass Male Adapter,Swivel Female Adapter,Flare Adapter,Tee,Connector,Barbed Tee,Elbow, valvetom Home Repair 0 November 27th 06 05:50 PM
Help with a chip machinesmith Electronics Repair 4 July 4th 06 07:06 PM
OSD chip David Electronics 3 March 16th 06 01:51 AM
Advice on how locating ( Chip FA4111 & chip M52722P) in the UK ? (for a vgood 21" monitor) Chris Electronics 1 January 29th 04 03:46 AM