DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Atmega8 to drive a motor (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/255363-atmega8-drive-motor.html)

The Cool Dude July 13th 08 06:38 AM

Atmega8 to drive a motor

Hi,
I looking at driving a half amp 12v pump from an atmega8 or 168
through a mosfet. What is the recommended mosfet for this application? I
have done heaps of snooping online but am getting quite bamboozled.

Thanks in advance, regards

Darren

Jasen Betts[_2_] July 14th 08 12:56 PM

Atmega8 to drive a motor

Hi,
I looking at driving a half amp 12v pump from an atmega8 or 168
through a mosfet. What is the recommended mosfet for this application? I
have done heaps of snooping online but am getting quite bamboozled.

how many volts VCC to the atmega? (how many to ground?)

what's the stall current of the pump?
or how high does current spike when starting?

are you switching low side or high side of the pump supply?

12V negative to ground?

Bye.
Jasen

The Cool Dude July 17th 08 08:30 AM

Atmega8 to drive a motor

"Jasen Betts" wrote in message news:g5fet0$dv2$4@gonzo...
Hi,
I looking at driving a half amp 12v pump from an atmega8 or 168
through a mosfet. What is the recommended mosfet for this application? I
have done heaps of snooping online but am getting quite bamboozled.

how many volts VCC to the atmega? (how many to ground?)

5

what's the stall current of the pump?

0.46A

or how high does current spike when starting?

???

are you switching low side or high side of the pump supply?

High

12V negative to ground?

No

Bye.