Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Question about pots

I occasionally run across a reference to an 'EQ' taper pot. Can anybody
tell me if there is another name for this type of taper? Thanks.
Posted to alt.electronics

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 13:14:50 GMT, Roger Howse
wrote:

I occasionally run across a reference to an 'EQ' taper pot. Can anybody
tell me if there is another name for this type of taper? Thanks.

Usually used in tone controls, you can substitute a linear taper if it
is not available. I'm not sure of the equation
Posted to alt.electronics

PeterD wrote in
:

wrote:

I occasionally run across a reference to an 'EQ' taper pot. Can anybody
tell me if there is another name for this type of taper? Thanks.

Usually used in tone controls, you can substitute a linear taper if it
is not available. I'm not sure of the equation

Thanks, I may try that. I just discovered that Small Bear also offers a
'workalike' pot for my purposes. Choices, choices! ;-)