DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Looking for connectors (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/194261-looking-connectors.html)

Barry March 6th 07 08:47 PM

Looking for connectors

Looking for some connectors in the UK, can anyone help please?
See www.roverp4.com/Connector
TIA
Barry

Aly March 6th 07 10:49 PM

Looking for connectors

"Barry" wrote in message
. uk...
Looking for some connectors in the UK, can anyone help please?
See www.roverp4.com/Connector
TIA
Barry

Hi Barry,

I've been down this EXACT same route as you a few months back, and for those
connectors too. Very few places do them, unless you're buying by the 1000.

Your best bet would be to approach a little independant high street computer
repair shop, as they're used alot in PCs.

Rapid have some very similar, but you'd need to hack them. Go to "Cables &
Connectors" then "Multipole."

http://www.rapidonline.com

Alison

John Fields March 7th 07 06:05 PM

Looking for connectors

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:47:51 -0000, "Barry"
wrote:

Looking for some connectors in the UK, can anyone help please?
See www.roverp4.com/Connector

---
http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T071/P0201.pdf

--
JF

Barry March 10th 07 02:47 PM

Looking for connectors

wrote:

Looking for some connectors in the UK, can anyone help please?
See www.roverp4.com/Connector

---
http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T071/P0201.pdf

--
JF

Thanks for the advice. It would appear that the type I pictured are no
longer available. They can be broken to length according to whether one
wants single, double or more connections.
As they are solder connections it is easy to move things around during
development.
The crimp pins are fine when the final wiring is being done but are a bit
wasteful when trying things out.
Anyway looks as though I need to bulk buy crimp connectors.
Barry

Ross Herbert March 11th 07 09:15 AM

Looking for connectors

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:47:51 -0000, "Barry" wrote:

Looking for some connectors in the UK, can anyone help please?
See www.roverp4.com/Connector
TIA
Barry

That particular style of pin header socket strip I haven't seen for a
long time. However, Aries still make it in the pricier collet socket
style
http://www.arieselec.com/Web_Data_Sh...2013/12013.htm

Those would match up to the male header strip
http://www.arieselec.com/Web_Data_Sh...2034/12034.htm

Aries dip/sip completer product listing
http://www.arieselec.com/products/dip.htm

UK distributors listing