Electronics (alt.electronics)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.electronics

Default running 120V muffin fan on 240V

Deep down I already know the answer to this is NO, but on the off
chance someone knows something I don't...

I have an old Lincoln "buzz box" welder with a dead cooling fan. Parts
to fix will run $76 and change.

I also have a Radio Shack 120V muffin fan #273-241 that's the right
size. $25 is much better than $75.

The original fan is 220V. I can wire up the new fan as 120V, but what
would really be great is if I could wire it up as 240V. That'd move a
whole lot more air.

Will the fan be able to deal with the higher voltage?