Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Barber pole??? or maybe a really long bumble bee???

I was taking apart a T.V. and found what looks like a barber pole / bumble bee with wires coming out of it. It was alternating black and y6ellow in a spiral. Anyone know what this is?

--------[]//////////////////////////////////////[]---------

Actual size held up to 19" monitor

Posted to alt.electronics

On 2006-07-16, ¦¦¦SHADOW¦¦¦ wrote:

turn that crap off, it makes your usenet posts hard to read.

I was taking apart a T.V. and found what looks like a barber pole / =
bumble bee with wires coming out of it. It was alternating black and =
y6ellow in a spiral. Anyone know what this is?

--------[]//////////////////////////////////////[]---------

Actual size held up to 19" monitor

Looks like about 10cm long here. what size font did you use ?

Was its circuit position labeled?

--

Bye.
Jasen
Posted to alt.electronics

It was about 3 inches long I'm not sure about 10cm. No it wasn't on a
circuit board it was hanging in the middle of nowhere.

Posted to alt.electronics

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:20:22 GMT, "¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦"
wrote:

It was about 3 inches long I'm not sure about 10cm. No it wasn't on a
circuit board it was hanging in the middle of nowhere.

---
That was the gravitor. It's used to decrease the effective mass of
the electrons in the CRT's electron beam so they can be propelled to
relativistic speeds without having to use a huge power supply.

If you get too close to it while the TV's running you might notice a
certain light-headedness.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Posted to alt.electronics

On 2006-07-16, ¦¦¦SHADOW¦¦¦ wrote:

turn that crap off, it makes your usenet posts hard to read.

I was taking apart a T.V. and found what looks like a barber pole / =
bumble bee with wires coming out of it. It was alternating black and =
y6ellow in a spiral. Anyone know what this is?

--------[]//////////////////////////////////////[]---------

Actual size held up to 19" monitor

Looks like about 10cm long here. what size font did you use ?

Was its circuit position labeled?

It was about 3 inches long I'm not sure about 10cm. No it wasn't on a
circuit board it was hanging in the middle of nowhere.

levitation! that's a pretty neat trick.

seriously were there wires attached to it and where did the connect to.

It's starting to sound like a resistor

Bye.
Jasen

Long article on mortgage fraud [email protected] Home Ownership 0 July 4th 05 04:35 PM
Stuck with an unwanted basketball pole abcdef Home Ownership 3 April 25th 05 03:44 PM
Silent thermostat Dave Gibson UK diy 13 January 5th 04 12:02 PM
Long post about boilers and stuff - with too many questions....! Simon Hawthorne UK diy 11 January 4th 04 10:06 AM