Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics
Dave

Default Sanrex

could anyone please advise where I can info on Sanrex Thyistors, their web site does not help, I nee to know if I can replace WS 203c with a WS 153c, they are in an identical package. Someone from Semikron once told me that if the pacage is the same then the current rating is the same, not sure if this is correct.?
Thanks David
Posted to alt.electronics
John Fields

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 12:38:13 GMT, "Dave"
wrote:

could anyone please advise where I can info on Sanrex Thyistors,
their web site does not help, I nee to know if I can replace WS 203c
with a WS 153c, they are in an identical package. Someone from
Semikron once told me that if the pacage is the same then the
current rating is the same, not sure if this is correct.?

---
It's not correct.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Posted to alt.electronics
Daniel

wrote:

could anyone please advise where I can info on Sanrex Thyistors,
their web site does not help, I nee to know if I can replace WS 203c
with a WS 153c, they are in an identical package. Someone from
Semikron once told me that if the pacage is the same then the
current rating is the same, not sure if this is correct.?

---
It's not correct.

My guess is if they can do the same thing, the producer would call them
the same thing!

Haven't looked anything up but is it possible that as 203 will carry
three Amps once its breakover voltage of twenty volts is reached,
whereas a 153 will handle three amps after fifteen volts is reached?

Just a guess.

Daniel

Posted to alt.electronics
John Fields

wrote:

could anyone please advise where I can info on Sanrex Thyistors,
their web site does not help, I nee to know if I can replace WS 203c
with a WS 153c, they are in an identical package. Someone from
Semikron once told me that if the pacage is the same then the
current rating is the same, not sure if this is correct.?

---
It's not correct.

My guess is if they can do the same thing, the producer would call them
the same thing!

Haven't looked anything up but is it possible that as 203 will carry
three Amps once its breakover voltage of twenty volts is reached,
whereas a 153 will handle three amps after fifteen volts is reached?

---
So go look something up. The question was whether identical
packages are all rated to carry the same current. The answer is
"no."

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Posted to alt.electronics
Daniel

wrote:

[...]

Which is why I started with "My guess is if they can do the same thing,
the producer would call them the same thing!". No need to look that up,
John.

Daniel