Electronics (alt.electronics)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Alexander Frey

Default Trigger signal from sine wave

Hi all.

I want to synchronize a laser pulse with an AC current (only about 1kHz)
source that unfortunately doesn't have a sync output. For the laser pulse
I need a good trigger signal, which up to now I have generated with an
oscilloscope that has a trigger output. But this signal is not very good,
probably it's 'cause the scope is not the best one.

So my question is, how do I generate a good trigger signal from a sine
signal with an amplitude about 10V-50V? It seems a pretty simple task, but
up to now I haven't found any device that does this job. Neither in
google, nor at the major test equipment suppliers. I am also not very good
at soldering, though if the circuit is very simple and the risk to screw
it is not very high I might try it.

Thanks for your help!
Alex