Electronics (alt.electronics)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Luc The Perverse

Default USB Translator

Hi, I'd like to put some USB cameras in various rooms around my house.

I'm hoping someone has designed some sort of USB amp circuit I could build.

I'm envisioning an RJ45 cable, with a shared ground, and then one line dedicated to each USB device.

Is such an idea plausible? (I'm not an electrical guy, I'm a programmer, so forgive my ignorance.) I imagine it is, I'm just concerned about latency killing the thing.

The whole idea is to SAVE money by not having to buy Ethernet cables, so if it is possible, but it is too expensive that won't work either

Suggestions?

--
"When you have to choose between a first-rate company with a second-rate product and a second-rate company with a first-rate product, it's never an ideal choice. " -Ed (www.overclockers.com)