Electronics (alt.electronics)

tone

Default PIC16C57

Hi
I am looking for help with programming 16F57 pics. I have tryied
the Altronix AL1700 and made a serial adaptor for the PICALLW
programmer but to no avail. I am getting the following error messages
using the the AL1700:

Program Memory is code protected. Reprogram the entire
part. If "Auto select memory areas and range" on the
Memory Ranges tab of the programmer settings is enabled,
it must be disabeled before proceeding.

I have tried changing the code prot flg to no avail.

Now tried 3 parts and all respond the same

Can anybody offer any help?

Alexander

"tone" schreef in bericht
Hi
I am looking for help with programming 16F57 pics. I have tryied
the Altronix AL1700 and made a serial adaptor for the PICALLW
programmer but to no avail. I am getting the following error messages
using the the AL1700:

Program Memory is code protected. Reprogram the entire
part. If "Auto select memory areas and range" on the
Memory Ranges tab of the programmer settings is enabled,
it must be disabeled before proceeding.

I have tried changing the code prot flg to no avail.

Now tried 3 parts and all respond the same

Can anybody offer any help?

Sure I can offer help!

Do you want my help?

Try erasing the entire device (including all fuses), the will erase the
write protect bit (fuse) and will make the device programmable and readable.
Do not enable the write protect if you don't know what you do, a lot of
people hated themself afterwards for this.