Electronics (alt.electronics)

nntp.broadband.rogers.com

Default Help please

I have a cordless phone which I am hoping to modify. It has no volume
control for the handset, and it is much too low volume. I was wondering
what I would have to do in order to be able to add a volume control or at
least increase the volume of the phone. I do have very basic electronics
skills, but I do need the help of the experts out there

Please reply to the group.

Greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Dave

Landon

nntp.broadband.rogers.com wrote:
I have a cordless phone which I am hoping to modify. It has no volume
control for the handset, and it is much too low volume. I was wondering
what I would have to do in order to be able to add a volume control or at
least increase the volume of the phone. I do have very basic electronics
skills, but I do need the help of the experts out there

Please reply to the group.

Greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Dave

If there is a resistor before the speaker you could try replacing it
with one of a lower value.

-Landon
JeffM

...cordless phone.
It has no volume control...and it is much too low volume.
...add a volume control ?
Dave (nntp.broadband.rogers.com)

A volume control can only REDUCE the volume.
..
..
or...increase the volume of the phone ?

Sounds like a cheap phone with a limp-wristed amplifier.
Trying to push the amp harder
will likely cause it to quit completely.

Don Taylor

"nntp.broadband.rogers.com" writes:
I have a cordless phone which I am hoping to modify. It has no volume
control for the handset, and it is much too low volume. I was wondering
what I would have to do in order to be able to add a volume control or at
least increase the volume of the phone. I do have very basic electronics
skills, but I do need the help of the experts out there

Buy a clamp on volume booster that fits over the speaker,
usually meant for those with hearing disabilities.
Jonathan

Sorry for stating the obvious but if you didn't buy it new, perhaps there is
a button you press to adjust volume. Mine does it in repeating steps of
three, low med and high.

JD

"nntp.broadband.rogers.com" wrote in message
I have a cordless phone which I am hoping to modify. It has no volume
control for the handset, and it is much too low volume. I was wondering
what I would have to do in order to be able to add a volume control or at
least increase the volume of the phone. I do have very basic electronics
skills, but I do need the help of the experts out there

Please reply to the group.

Greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Dave

mhyk

hi,by the my name is michael and just want to give you a reference and
my some points about your electronics problem,try looking at this link
http://www.tpub.com/electronics.htm
you just might like this link

JeffM

mhyk wrote:
hi,by the my name is michael

and just want to give you a useless link to my **tpub** site.
I've been spamming Usenet with it every chance I get
but surprizingly the hit rates for my site haven't skyrocketed.

I know that I never post any specific help,
but that's because I'm only interested in hits on my domain
--pointing you to anything that is actually useful
would detract from my spamming time.