Electronics (alt.electronics)

Kardon Coupé

Default On the hunt for a specifc electronics part in the UK.

Hi Guys, I don't know if you can help me, or point me in the right
direction...

I'm looking for a 2x12 Double Sided PCB Edge Connector, or a 1x12 Single
Sided PCB Edge Connector.. Sales outlet in the UK (I don't mind other places
abroad, providing there isn't a minimum order, or their site is in English,
as I ain't fluent in anything else)

Now I've been looking around and found various other sizes, and I noticed a
millimetre size mentioned, I'm guessing that is the gap between the pins?
that goes over the pcb edge.

So in that case, I'm looking for one that is 1mm is size (approx)

Can anybody help me with my predicament?

Thanks in Advance..
Paul.

P.s. if anybody wants to know what this is for, on various old commodore
machines, they have a user port, which is what I need the edge connector
for.

John Fields

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:45:51 +0000 (UTC), "Kardon Coupé"
wrote:

Hi Guys, I don't know if you can help me, or point me in the right
direction...

I'm looking for a 2x12 Double Sided PCB Edge Connector, or a 1x12 Single
Sided PCB Edge Connector.. Sales outlet in the UK (I don't mind other places
abroad, providing there isn't a minimum order, or their site is in English,
as I ain't fluent in anything else)

Now I've been looking around and found various other sizes, and I noticed a
millimetre size mentioned, I'm guessing that is the gap between the pins?
that goes over the pcb edge.

So in that case, I'm looking for one that is 1mm is size (approx)

Can anybody help me with my predicament?

Try Digi-Key UK:

http://uk.digikey.com/scripts/DkSear...299329&Site=UK

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Kardon Coupé

I've been to that site before, but it seem to confusing, I can solder, but I
don't know all the technical terms...
and when I clicked your link, it come up "Your Dataset has Expired. Please
search again"
did you come across a part number I can search from?

Thanks again.

news
wrote:

[...]

Kardon Coupé

Thanks my friend....

bit of a stinger on the shipping and "handling" though... Roll on pay day
to get it ordered...

wrote:

I've been to that site before, but it seem to confusing, I can solder, but
don't know all the technical terms...
and when I clicked your link, it come up "Your Dataset has Expired.
Please
search again"
did you come across a part number I can search from?

---
S5124-ND

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer

Jasen Betts

In article , Kardon Coupé wrote:
P.s. if anybody wants to know what this is for, on various old commodore
machines, they have a user port, which is what I need the edge connector
for.

the user port on the CBM home computers hae a 0.156" pitch (or 3.96mm)
google for "3.96mm" "edge connector" and "UK" and you should find a supplier.

--

Bye.
Jasen

Part P Proto-FAQ [email protected] UK diy 0 April 28th 05 02:04 AM
Part P - new cable colours CRB UK diy 50 November 30th 04 11:13 PM
U NEED 2 KNOW PART P dms1.go-plus.net UK diy 42 November 24th 04 11:19 PM
Ball valves - whats the difference Alan Campbell UK diy 5 March 24th 04 01:06 PM
"Part P in force by 2004" Andy Wade UK diy 45 November 12th 03 04:43 PM