Electronics (alt.electronics)

Datt

Default Help? Strontium titanates: high dielectric constant (~225-250).

Strontium titanates have a relatively high dielectric constant (~225-250).
Sr titanate is used for capacitors and other electronic components requiring
high dielectric constant.

Does anyone here know what these numbers mean. I don't know what a ~
signifys, related to that numerical range of resistance. Duh? Please Help?
Please clarify?

Easy

Datt

Datt" wrote in message
Strontium titanates have a relatively high dielectric constant (~225-250).
Sr titanate is used for capacitors and other electronic components

requiring
high dielectric constant.

Does anyone here know what these numbers mean. I don't know what a ~
signifys, related to that numerical range of resistance. Duh? Please

Help?
Please clarify?

Easy

Hi,
Had one more question. If one were to look for a table or list of
insulators and the percentage insulated, with regard to piezoelectric,
dieletric, light, sound, mechanical and any other energy forces possibly
present, (I'm clueless), where or how would one begin. I'm not scientificly
inclined or learned, so I'd appreciate anything helpful or anything to
consider.
Easy

John Fields

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:28:00 -0500, "Datt" wrote:

Strontium titanates have a relatively high dielectric constant (~225-250).
Sr titanate is used for capacitors and other electronic components requiring
high dielectric constant.

Does anyone here know what these numbers mean. I don't know what a ~
signifys, related to that numerical range of resistance. Duh? Please Help?
Please clarify?

---
If you were to measure the capacitance of a capacitor with the plates
separated by a vacuum and then replace the vacuum with a material with
a dielectric constant of 225, you would find that if you measured the
capacitance again the capacitance of the capacitor would have
increased by a factor of 225. ' ~ ' means "approximately equal to".

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
John Fields

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:54:34 -0500, "Datt" wrote:

Hi,
Had one more question. If one were to look for a table or list of
insulators and the percentage insulated, with regard to piezoelectric,
dieletric, light, sound, mechanical and any other energy forces possibly
present, (I'm clueless), where or how would one begin. I'm not scientificly
inclined or learned, so I'd appreciate anything helpful or anything to
consider.
Easy

---
One would describe what one was trying to do/find or, possibly, Google
the words one didn't understand.