DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ESR METERS (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/97146-esr-meters.html)

Franc Zabkar April 14th 05 10:27 AM

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:28:15 -0400, John Bachman
put finger to keyboard and
composed:

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:45:09 +1000, Bob Parker
wrote:

Hi Lenny,
Australia has everything the USA has, except NTSC television,
left-hand drive cars and 117V 60Hz electrical power. :)
A few hundred miles south-west of Sydney there's more skiing
country than I could describe. You can do all the other things too.
If you're interested in having a quick peek at what Sydney looks
like to an electronics technician (me) walking the streets and parks
etc with a digital camera, have a look at
http://bob.parker.web1000.com/sydney/ (if that server hasn't failed
again).

G'day mate!

Nice pix. What the heck is that critter in front of the hospital and
what is he doing - remember this is a family newsgroup.

What, no baseball diamonds? I thought Australia was civilized ;-)

John

"In their first Intercontinental Cup in 1981, Australia finished
eighth of eight. At Barcelona in 1997, Australia was second, with a
winning percentage of .857. Cuba was first place, with a percentage of
1.000. In 1999, Australia incredibly defeated Cuba 4-3 in a thrilling
11 inning duel to win the cup for the first time."

http://www.australianbaseballhistory...rld_series.htm

Regards,
Franc

- Franc Zabkar

Bob Parker April 14th 05 04:21 PM

Hi buddy!
Now you're asking me difficult questions. It's some kind of a pig,
and I was wondering all the same things while I was taking the photo.
If anyone here knows the significance of a bronze pig sitting in
front of a major public hospital, please enlighten the rest of us!
They do play baseball down here... I have a friend who's right into
it. But cricket and various forms of football are more popular.

Bob