Default GE 46GW947 keep changing channels

Please help me!!!
I have GE 46GW947 projection TV and when it is turned on, it keep
changing channels suddenly.
Sometimes, it is not turned on at all, but, after a while, I can turn
on the TV and it operates okay.
However, after about 10 minutes, it keep changing channels and the
remote controller does not work.

I have no idea why this happens.

Could somebody suggest possible reasons and solutions?

Thanks.

Manho

Rono

Some GE, & RCA T.V.'s have bad "tact switches"!
They are the front panel switches! Try unplugging
the front switches, should be an easy pulloff panel!
Buy a cheap universal remote to run the T.V. Rono.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Please help me!!!
I have GE 46GW947 projection TV and when it is turned on, it keep
changing channels suddenly.
Sometimes, it is not turned on at all, but, after a while, I can turn
on the TV and it operates okay.
However, after about 10 minutes, it keep changing channels and the
remote controller does not work.

I have no idea why this happens.

Could somebody suggest possible reasons and solutions?

Thanks.

Manho

Art

Either the Tac Switches or E-Prom but I'd go with the switches first,
moderately inexpensive, the whole pc may still be available from Thomson
Parts. As posted, unplug this pc from the main chassis and see if the
problem persists. If it does you go deeper, if not try the remote functions.
Good Luck.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Please help me!!!
I have GE 46GW947 projection TV and when it is turned on, it keep
changing channels suddenly.
Sometimes, it is not turned on at all, but, after a while, I can turn
on the TV and it operates okay.
However, after about 10 minutes, it keep changing channels and the
remote controller does not work.

I have no idea why this happens.

Could somebody suggest possible reasons and solutions?

Thanks.

Manho

The first easiest thing I would do is when it starts changing channels,
put your thumb over the remote reciever. You have to take the back off,
but you don't have to go near anything dangerous. You might also have
to remove a piece of wood right under the mirror. If it stops you have
a spurious IR signal causing it, maybe an alarm system or something.
Not common, but it wouldn't be the first time.

If it keeps doing it, unplug the remote reciever. You can do this with
it running and there's maximum 12 volts on it. If it stops then it's
the remote reciever. If it keeps doing it, CAREFULLY reconnect the
remote reciever and then unplug the keyboard. If it stops then it's the
keyboard.

If it keeps doing it it's either the micro or the little SMD caps
around it.

If you isolate it to the keyboard, like another respondent wrote, just
use the remote for now. You're lucky in that set I'm pretty sure you
can unplug them seperately, you can't in a direct view.

JURB

New Emerson TV can't find broadcast channels? M. G. Devour Electronics Repair 3 January 10th 05 07:37 PM
Changing a light bulb on R.C.M Tom Gardner Metalworking 24 June 6th 04 12:58 AM
Changing A Lightbulb, A lesson in Posting? Boris Beizer Metalworking 5 March 27th 04 12:20 AM
changing a light bulb Joe Home Repair 6 March 8th 04 06:30 PM
Changing a light bulb jay UK diy 11 October 18th 03 08:28 PM