James Sweet

Default Spa pump dissasembly

I was thinking there might be a more appropriate place for this but I
haven't found one yet. Anyhow I recently aquired a hot tub with an Aqua-flo
FloMaster XP 4.5 HP pump which came to me partially disasembled and missing
a few bits. I had first thought I'd just buy a whole new pump but after
realizing they're close to $400 I decided to take a shot at rebuilding this
one. Before I break it, does anyone know how to remove the impeller? Does it
just pull off the shaft, or is it threaded, and if so which direction is the
thread? I know I need to get that off since the shaft seal is shot, the
start and run caps are also missing but the windings pass the visual
inspection and ohm meter check and the bearings feel ok which leads me to
believe there's a good chance this thing will be fine with a bit of effort.
Unfortunatly there doesn't seem to be much info on this particular pump
online.

James Sweet wrote:
Anyhow I recently aquired a hot tub with an Aqua-flo FloMaster XP 4.5 HP
pump which came to me partially disasembled and missing a few bits. [...]
Before I break it, does anyone know how to remove the impeller?

http://www.aqua-flo.com/default.asp?p=111 has owner's manuals with
disassembly directions.

Matt Roberds

Rheilly Phoull

wrote in message
James Sweet wrote:
Anyhow I recently aquired a hot tub with an Aqua-flo FloMaster XP 4.5 HP
pump which came to me partially disasembled and missing a few bits. [...]
Before I break it, does anyone know how to remove the impeller?

http://www.aqua-flo.com/default.asp?p=111 has owner's manuals with
disassembly directions.

Matt Roberds

Heh, he didnt remember Google is your friend huh ??

--
Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

James Sweet

James Sweet wrote:
Anyhow I recently aquired a hot tub with an Aqua-flo FloMaster XP 4.5

HP
pump which came to me partially disasembled and missing a few bits.

[...]
Before I break it, does anyone know how to remove the impeller?

http://www.aqua-flo.com/default.asp?p=111 has owner's manuals with
disassembly directions.

Matt Roberds

Heh, he didnt remember Google is your friend huh ??

Actually I did quite a bit of poking around in Google, lots of places
selling similar pumps, lots of places selling parts, but very few hits on
the specific series of pumps I have. Google is only as good as the search
terms one can think up.