jim

Default installing a remote switch

I have cooling unit with an on/off switch inside the casing. I want to install
a remotely controlled on/off switch. I have already purchased the remote switch and
have tested it on a household light and it works fine at a distance of 25 yards. In fact,
it is an RF type switch that works through walls, etc. The switch (relay) module has
mains input/output wires 240 V A/C and a maximum load of 1000watts.

Here's the wiring diagram of the cooling unit:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/davidsa...h-13,-2005.gif

I would like to switch the compressor on and off with the remote switch or if that's not
possible, then switch the whole thing on/off.

The question is where do I put it?
Travis Jordan

jim wrote:
The question is where do I put it?

Find the thermostat wires and put the relay contacts in series with
them.

GS

Howdy Jim......Travis has the best idea really regards interrupting the
t-stat though I don't see it available on that barrier strip. Another
possibility (depending on how manual this system is) would be to
interrupt either pressure switch as often they're both required to be
closed for normal operation and interrupt if out of range either way.
If this info is processed for a failure though, could be a worse problem.

NSM

"jim" wrote in message
I have cooling unit with an on/off switch inside the casing. I want to

install
a remotely controlled on/off switch. I have already purchased the remote

switch and
have tested it on a household light and it works fine at a distance of 25

yards. In fact,
it is an RF type switch that works through walls, etc. The switch (relay)

module has
mains input/output wires 240 V A/C and a maximum load of 1000watts.

Here's the wiring diagram of the cooling unit:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/davidsa...h-13,-2005.gif

I would like to switch the compressor on and off with the remote switch or

if that's not
possible, then switch the whole thing on/off.

The question is where do I put it?

Whatever you do, DON'T defeat the 3 minute timer kit when you do it. You
don't want to accidentally restart the compressor immediately after stopping
it. BAD, BAD, BAD. In the thermostat line is safe, but may not be doable
with the remote. Can you post the diagram or spec for that?

jim

I only have one wiring diagram. I don't have a clue where the thermostat is anyway or what
it might look like. On the bottom left corner of the diagram, it refers to the fan speed speed control
sensor. Is this a thermostat?

What is the purpose of the 3-minute timer and why would restarting the compressor immediately be bad?

NSM

"jim" wrote in message
I only have one wiring diagram. I don't have a clue where the thermostat
is anyway or what it might look like. On the bottom left corner of the
diagram, it refers to the fan speed speed control sensor. Is this a

thermostat?

No.

What is the purpose of the 3-minute timer and why would restarting the
compressor immediately be bad?

You'll destroy it. The heads are under pressure.