Default Strange problem with Viewsonic E771

I received 2 of these from a buddy in hopes I could fix them. One of them
had a squealing flyback so i swapped it out and now the pictures pulses, for
lack of a better description. It stays in place growing slightly larger and
brighter until the background turns gray at which time it starts the cycle
over again--I would say each cycle takes 1/2 sec or less. Anyone have any
tips on where to start looking for problems--I'm thinking bad caps but my
ESR meter hasn't shown up yet :P

thanks as always!

Update:

still have pulsing and have checked all the caps with an ESR--no bad ones.
Any ideas whatsoever? anyone?

news:1110334769.30b1352d1e5c37de3e094fc5276b15de@t eranews...