Default Sony CRX210E1 problem identifying/repair

Hi, i have a CDRW drive Sony CRX210E1. Last night when i was
reinstalling windows it just died, so i was really fcked up without
windows and without cdrom drive which made me unable to install
whatever OS. Before this crash the drive was working with no problem on
a other system so i took it and mounted it to mine to reinstall
windows. I borowed a XP CD from a friend coz it looks i've lost mine
somewhere,nevermind the drive had big problems reading the cd and i
thought it's becaouse the disk was a cheap media and decided to put
win2000 on the system from a cd i was sure worked. So, i rebooted and
place the 2000 cd booted into the setup the speed was ok this time the
drive was reading the disk perfectly until around 70% was complete a
error occured by copying some file I took the cd and clean it push it
back, the file was succesfully copied but i repeat that procedure many
times in the next few minutes it was so that when a error by copying
occured cleaning the cd helps but at some positition the drive was
unable to read a specified file. I rebooted. This is the time when the
real crash occured. The system was unable to boot from the drive. Also
i didnt heard the normal spinning sound from the drive just a few
clicks. I tried to boot from the drive many times with no success exept
a few times when the drive spins fast and the boot process begins but
stops after 30 seconds or so. When inserting a cd only a few clicks can
be heard.

I oppened the drive and noticed that when inserting a cd into drive it
spins for about 5 seconds and then when normally should spin faster and
the diode should blink a few times nothing happened. Yes the diode
blinks as usual but the disc is not spinning. I checked the head and it
is able to move. So my question is what can cause this problem and can
the drive be repaired coz i'm a poor student and dont have extra money
to spent for a new burner. I suspect that the lens could be dirty but
they looked crystal clear. I've never touched them. Thanks to all in
advance.

greetz, mugsi