Terry

Default Sharp 14F24C circuit or repair manual.

Our excellent and helpful/good neighbour asking me to repair his 1981 Sharp
14F24C TV.

AC fuse, 4 amp, is blown and TV is dead. No other components burnt or
obviously faulty.
It appears to be a power supply problem?
Have test equipment and out of date experience with electronic (tube)
repairs.

Seeking advice; best place to obtain a circuit diagram?

Numbers: Model 14F24C and LL24146. Main circuit board number K1530DE 0017.
Pix tube numbers, 370FCB22A and MIG244194

Many thanks Terry

PS. Did a lot of searching (Google) for a circuit without success.

Lew

The first thing you should do, unless you really know your way around
this unit, is invest in the Sam's photofact service manual. As you
know, this will give you the power supply schematic. Start looking
around for some way to "isolate" the power supply outputs from the rest
of the TV,if you think that it may be the PS causing the problem.
(sometimes this is difficult to do, and may take cutting some circuit
traces, which can be repaired after you find where the problem area
is.)...After you're sure you have the PS isolated, you may be able to
place another fuse and see if it has the proper output voltages, (or
near, since they will have no load on them)...If it does not blow the
fuse, then, of course, you know the PS is not the direct problem
anyway....and you need to start looking at branch circuits off the
power supply where it supplies voltage to....Hope this helps, as this
is hard to do by writing as things, and thought processes change "on
the fly" sometimes...ha ha...Good luck...Lew

Lew

For the Sam's o n this unit, I would just go to "ask geeves" and seach
for places to get them...There are many places that have
them....usually somewhere around $20 US.

Terry

"Lew" wrote in message
oups.com...
For the Sam's o n this unit, I would just go to "ask geeves" and seach
for places to get them...There are many places that have
them....usually somewhere around $20 US.

Thanks Lew. I did find one source of a manual that MIGHT be suitable for,
$21 US plus shipping! By the time that arrives, these border security,
conscious days it'd probably cost me $50 Canadian what with brokerage and
customs fees etc.!
Since this is a 1981 TV that my very good neighbour has had lying around for
quite a few years and I am also NOT in the electronic repair business I was
hoping to find something 'free'!
I've possibly got a better TV lying around here somewhere that I could GIVE
them for less time and trouble! And they ARE very good neighbours!
Also these days one can buy a modern TV at a big box store/supermarket that
has more channels and possibly even video/audio jacks for less than $100
Canadian, including sales tax!
Terry