Default Monitor acting strange

Hello everybody.

Whenever I use my computer (XP Pro SP2) after a while that it has been
off, everything works fine, but sometines, when I open a new program
that starts maximized, the image in the monitor streches all four
corners and then contracts again to the regular size. This happens for
no apparent reason and it doesnt depend on the program.

The monitor in question is a 21 inch Dell Trinitron Ultrascan P1110.

Has anybody seen similiar behavior? Does anybody know a solution.

Thanks in advance,
-Dan

Techforce

Could be a sign the HV to the screen inside the monitor is
weakening.....that is, if you are sure it does it at different refresh
rates?

wrote in message
oups.com...
| Hello everybody.
|
| Whenever I use my computer (XP Pro SP2) after a while that it has been
| off, everything works fine, but sometines, when I open a new program
| that starts maximized, the image in the monitor streches all four
| corners and then contracts again to the regular size. This happens for
| no apparent reason and it doesnt depend on the program.
|
| The monitor in question is a 21 inch Dell Trinitron Ultrascan P1110.
|
| Has anybody seen similiar behavior? Does anybody know a solution.
|
| Thanks in advance,
| -Dan

Jerry G.

Raster size on monitors can shift in size, if there are high voltage or
power supply regulation problems. These types of fault conditions will show
more with changes of brightness, and or with different resolution modes.

--

Jerry G.
======