DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I Need Heathkit V4A VTVM Schematics??? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/92484-i-need-heathkit-v4a-vtvm-schematics.html)

oldave February 23rd 05 08:31 PM

I Need Heathkit V4A VTVM Schematics???

I have searched and cannot seem to find a "Readable" clear copy of the Heathkit V4A VTVM that I just purchsed from e-Bay.It needs a fair amount of work to get this old vintage VTVM going.
It uses two Tubes ---1- 6SN7 and -1- 6H6.
Some of the resistors are so "Baked" I cannot Read the Color-Code.I know it`s an old "Klunker" but I like to try to get it going for my own satifaction!!!
Thanks in advance for any and all advice/suggestions you can give me as I am a relatively speaking a "Newbie" at building Tube amps and kits along with re-cap jobs that come along now and then with Tube Amp Owners!

Good Luck & Good Music...

oldave...

Techforce February 23rd 05 11:13 PM

There is a support E-Mail list for the Old Heathkit line you can join for
free. Lots of helpful info.

http://www.tempe.gov/lists/control.asp?list=HEATH

NSM February 24th 05 12:43 AM

"oldave" wrote in message

I have searched and cannot seem to find a "Readable" clear copy of the
Heathkit V4A VTVM that I just purchsed from e-Bay.It needs a fair
amount of work to get this old vintage VTVM going.
It uses two Tubes ---1- 6SN7 and -1- 6H6.
Some of the resistors are so "Baked" I cannot Read the Color-Code.I
know it`s an old "Klunker" but I like to try to get it going for my own
satifaction!!!
Thanks in advance for any and all advice/suggestions you can give me as
I am a relatively speaking a "Newbie" at building Tube amps and kits
along with re-cap jobs that come along now and then with Tube Amp
Owners!

Got a real email address?

DaveM February 24th 05 01:13 AM

"oldave" wrote in message

I have searched and cannot seem to find a "Readable" clear copy of the
Heathkit V4A VTVM that I just purchsed from e-Bay.It needs a fair
amount of work to get this old vintage VTVM going.
It uses two Tubes ---1- 6SN7 and -1- 6H6.
Some of the resistors are so "Baked" I cannot Read the Color-Code.I
know it`s an old "Klunker" but I like to try to get it going for my own
satifaction!!!
Thanks in advance for any and all advice/suggestions you can give me as
I am a relatively speaking a "Newbie" at building Tube amps and kits
along with re-cap jobs that come along now and then with Tube Amp
Owners!

Good Luck & Good Music...

oldave...

--
oldave

I have a very readable PDF of the manual. It's about 2.6Mb. If you would
like a copy sent to your email, let me know.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in