Jchick

Default RCA F25442 squeals

Was watching this set today, the screen got distorted on the right
side, then went black. Sound died next and then the unit started
squealing. I suspect a shorted HOT, which I will check tomorrow.

Any other common components to check assuming the HOT is shorted that
might have caused the short? Chassis number is CTC203AD9.

Also, does anyone have the part number for the HOT?

Thanks

Do an archive search here for the chassis for the cause of the problem.
Call any Thomson part distributor for the oem part number or look at
the part once you open the tv up.

Suspect a problem in the hot drive, i.e. coil/glue problem or others.