Junior Member

Default Rca Tv F36683et

This TV is called RCA Home Theater Twin Tuner PIP Model F36683ET
Produced in 1997.

Last month we installed DirecTV Tivo. We had DirecTV for many years.
Fairly soon after installing Tivo, we started to lose audio every few hours. Once in a great while, we'd also lose video.
Generally, the solution was to turn unplug the whole system and then plug it back on. Video and audio would come back.
Lasts night, audio went out. Did the usual and audio did not come back.

It's unclear whether the Tivo set up caused this or it is just a coincidence.
I have hooked up system to another TV last night and no problems were encountered. May be too early to tell, it appears that the RCA may be going belly up.

Question: What's up with the TV? What can a DIYer do to fix?
Thanks.
Hoa

A DIYer more than likely cannot fix it. The tv needs diagnosed to
determine what failed inside the set. It is also possible that the
whole thing has been hooked up wrong and you should at least have a
tech come out, check the installation to be sure it did not cause the
failure, and provide a diagnosis and estimate for the repair.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
A DIYer more than likely cannot fix it. The tv needs diagnosed to
determine what failed inside the set. It is also possible that the
whole thing has been hooked up wrong and you should at least have a
tech come out, check the installation to be sure it did not cause the
failure, and provide a diagnosis and estimate for the repair.
Thanks. Appreciate the response.