Leonard Caillouet

Default RCA P56927 PTK195M1

We replaced this transformer 239111 with an original about 6 months ago and
now it is back with the same failure. I notice that a PTK195W in the shop
has a different transformer, 250694 which is marked 34kV. The one in the
PTK195M1 is marked 28kV! The two units use different CRTs but I find it
curious that the transformers are so different in rating and look. the
239111 is a lot smaller and cheesier looking. Do I have the numbers right?
The numbers on the transformers are different than the TCE part numbers,
which I get from Tritronics research.

Any ideas on why repeated failures of the IHVT six months apart with no
other symptoms noted? No coolant leaking on the anode leads or evidence of
arcing on this one.

Leonard

kip

Leonard , Guys around this area are starting to change
the high voltage block along with the 239111.
I have installed dozens of 239111 and never changed
the block with no repeat calls on them.
Maybe it was just a fluke failure second time .

kip
"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message
. ..
We replaced this transformer 239111 with an original about 6 months ago
and
now it is back with the same failure. I notice that a PTK195W in the shop
has a different transformer, 250694 which is marked 34kV. The one in the
PTK195M1 is marked 28kV! The two units use different CRTs but I find it
curious that the transformers are so different in rating and look. the
239111 is a lot smaller and cheesier looking. Do I have the numbers
right?
The numbers on the transformers are different than the TCE part numbers,
which I get from Tritronics research.

Any ideas on why repeated failures of the IHVT six months apart with no
other symptoms noted? No coolant leaking on the anode leads or evidence
of
arcing on this one.

Leonard

Leonard Caillouet

I have had a couple of techs call me when they saw the post and said they
have had problems with the first batch of TCE 239111 transformers that came
in after the long absence of the part. The one that I got was one of the
first received by Tritronics late summer 2004. Tritronics says that TCE is
not recalling them, but is apparently aware of the problem.

I have never had any other replacements fail either and have not seen a
single HV splitter fail in the PTK195 chassis. If they did I would suspect
that it would be in the 34kV sets using the 250964 transformer.

Leonard

"kip" wrote in message
[...]

kip

Ok Fine Leonard thanks for that info, I always order
them in dozens my last batch was from spring 2004
and I have 6 of those left in stock all from MCM
I hope they will be alright I guess time will tell.

kip

news