DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   canon copier problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/90042-canon-copier-problem.html)

Luddite February 7th 05 02:52 AM

canon copier problem

I have the pc-3 and its worked well till lately,the sliding glass carriage
on top moves freely in one direction but binds the other way unless its
been in a 75 degree room for a while. what type of lube is used on the
white gears? I dont see any,or what else could be causing this.

k_teppo February 10th 05 12:49 AM

Luddite wrote in message ...
I have the pc-3 and its worked well till lately,the sliding glass carriage
on top moves freely in one direction but binds the other way unless its
been in a 75 degree room for a while. what type of lube is used on the
white gears? I dont see any,or what else could be causing this.

Use a silicone-based lubricant or moly grease. Don't use
petrochemical-based lubricants on plastic gears, as the gears will
soften and become damaged.

-k