Default Cordless wire-wrap tool on Ebay

I am selling a cordless wire-wrap tool on Ebay. I am surprised that I
see any of these tools anywhere anymore. But I guess there are some
people still using them? Back 30 years ago, I designed line printers
that used wire wrap backplanes, but I have not even heard of them in
the last 15-20 years.

Anyway, this unit is in really good shape, so if anyone is interested
in one, look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Norm Dresner

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am selling a cordless wire-wrap tool on Ebay. I am surprised that I
see any of these tools anywhere anymore. But I guess there are some
people still using them? Back 30 years ago, I designed line printers
that used wire wrap backplanes, but I have not even heard of them in
the last 15-20 years.

Anyway, this unit is in really good shape, so if anyone is interested
in one, look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

I already own two tools and three batteries ... BUT ... it's tempting. I'll
watch the auction for a while.

Norm

Norm Dresner

"Gary J. Tait" wrote in message
On 27 Jan 2005 13:50:04 -0800, wrote:

I am selling a cordless wire-wrap tool on Ebay. I am surprised that I
see any of these tools anywhere anymore. But I guess there are some
people still using them? Back 30 years ago, I designed line printers
that used wire wrap backplanes, but I have not even heard of them in
the last 15-20 years.

Anyway, this unit is in really good shape, so if anyone is interested
in one, look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...048&ssPage Na

me=STRK:MESE:IT

Nobody wirewraps anymore. Electronics are too integrated to develop
with WW, and too expensive for manufature.

Sure ... and nobody creates custom ISA interface boards either ... or
specialized one-off line-driver boxes ... or ...

You may not WW anymore, but there are still occasions when it's not only
appropriate but the most economical solution to a simple, one-off problem

Norm

Somehow it is comforting to know that something from my past is still
used. I picked up this gun when we were cleaning stuff out at work. I
was surprised when I saw several of the manual ww guns on Ebay. Since
I had this gun that I do not use (and my wife is encouraging me to
clean up some of my basement stuff) I felt that Ebay was a good place
for it.