bigtom

Default where does this go?

i replaced the belts on a pioneer KE-8000 car stereo.
after putting it all together i had a piece left over.
what is this thing and where does it go?
it all works ok without it but it would be nice to put it back in.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...60167266AOYBuW

Techforce

looks like a slide plate for the mechanism. I have also seen 'extra parts'
jammed in mechanisms causing them not to work - something that happens on
the production line from time to time. If it works without it, then probably
that extra piece was causing a problem, and perhaps led to belt failure.

"bigtom" wrote in message
|i replaced the belts on a pioneer KE-8000 car stereo.
| after putting it all together i had a piece left over.
| what is this thing and where does it go?
| it all works ok without it but it would be nice to put it back in.
|
| http://community.webshots.com/photo/...60167266AOYBuW

jakdedert

Techforce wrote:
looks like a slide plate for the mechanism. I have also seen 'extra
parts' jammed in mechanisms causing them not to work - something that
happens on the production line from time to time. If it works without
it, then probably that extra piece was causing a problem, and perhaps
led to belt failure.

Dude! He's pulling your....

jak

"bigtom" wrote in message
i replaced the belts on a pioneer KE-8000 car stereo.
after putting it all together i had a piece left over.
what is this thing and where does it go?
it all works ok without it but it would be nice to put it back in.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...60167266AOYBuW

Harvey

"bigtom" wrote in message
i replaced the belts on a pioneer KE-8000 car stereo.
after putting it all together i had a piece left over.
what is this thing and where does it go?
it all works ok without it but it would be nice to put it back in.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...60167266AOYBuW

That looks to me like the cassette mechanism - in which case there should be
a large hole in the radio that it fits into.

jakdedert

Harvey wrote:
"bigtom" wrote in message
i replaced the belts on a pioneer KE-8000 car stereo.
after putting it all together i had a piece left over.
what is this thing and where does it go?
it all works ok without it but it would be nice to put it back in.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...60167266AOYBuW

That looks to me like the cassette mechanism - in which case there
should be a large hole in the radio that it fits into.

Duh! It was a joke. Did nobody else get it?

jak

bigtom

Its not a joke.
The hotmail acct is never used, i just use that address to avoid spam.
I really can't find where this thing goes.
Any help would be appreciated.

John Hutchison wrote:
What do you expect from a hotmail.com

"jakdedert" wrote in message
.. .

Harvey wrote:

"bigtom" wrote in message

i replaced the belts on a pioneer KE-8000 car stereo.
after putting it all together i had a piece left over.
what is this thing and where does it go?
it all works ok without it but it would be nice to put it back in.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...60167266AOYBuW

That looks to me like the cassette mechanism - in which case there
should be a large hole in the radio that it fits into.

Duh! It was a joke. Did nobody else get it?

jak

bigtom

I read through the posts again and it seems some people are confused
about the photo.
The part im trying to fit is the little steel thing at the bottom of
The photo.(look carefully)

P.S. The belts were stretched(old age/heat)

bigtom wrote:
i replaced the belts on a pioneer KE-8000 car stereo.
after putting it all together i had a piece left over.
what is this thing and where does it go?
it all works ok without it but it would be nice to put it back in.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...60167266AOYBuW

Doug

Wow, that's old! I looked in the Pioneer service manual, and I can't
find it even in the exploded view. It may have come from an assembly
that's not shown as separate parts, but I doubt any of those would have
been disturbed during a belt replacement. We had boxes of those
mechanisms in our skull orchard but chucked them a few months ago,
running out of space. Wish I still had one or two to look at. Good luck!

Graham

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
"bigtom" wrote in message
i replaced the belts on a pioneer KE-8000 car stereo.
after putting it all together i had a piece left over.
what is this thing and where does it go?
it all works ok without it but it would be nice to put it back in.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...60167266AOYBuW

Yes I know what this is
Its an old cassette deck, if I were you I wouldn't bother putting it back,
it has long been superseded by more modern digital formats such as the
Compact Disk

The cassette or rather the "Compact Cassette®" was invented by the Dutch
company Philips in the early 60's. Originally intended for voice recording
and therefore designed with no regard for sound quality it nevertheless
quickly gained acceptance with hobby recordists
Interestingly the humble cassette has gained more from the technical
advancement of the last 20 years than any other analogue medium, some 10
years ago I was by no means ready to accept the budget cassette recorder as
a hi-fi medium and considered the format to be a convenience format since it
was the only format you could count on being playable in every household.
But the performance of even budget dual decks that sell locally for under
100 UKP (around 130 USD or ?) is nothing short of stunning, at the very
least if you compare it with what they where a few years back. Since getting
a decent cassette recorder the Compact Disk Recordable unit has been
relegated to making archival copies of CD's only. The user friendliness,
generality and reliability of the cassette makes the more modern format seem
somehow awkward and time consuming.
There are some technical descriptions in the text that have been making
problems for some of you out there so I will give a short explanation of a
few here. Bidirectional means that the deck can record on all tracks at
once, thus cutting the recording time in half if you are copying cassettes,
this has no effect on other recordings.

Graham.

%Profound_observation%