meterman

Default why tv goes off by itself?

I have the same tv, and you're right it does not matter if I turn in on
with the remote or use the power button on the tv. One other odd item,
sometimes the tv will not turn on at all, when this happens if I press the
tv/video button on the tv it will power up only to shut down 3-4 minutes
later, come back on in a few minutes, shut off again in 3-4 minutes, then
it might stay on for hours.

any thought on what it might be other that previously stated. also, no one
really gave an opinion as to whether it was worth fixing as the cost of
TV's has gone down considerably in the past few years.

thanks,

meterman

NSM

"meterman" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
I have the same tv, and you're right it does not matter if I turn in on
with the remote or use the power button on the tv. One other odd item,
sometimes the tv will not turn on at all, when this happens if I press the
tv/video button on the tv it will power up only to shut down 3-4 minutes
later, come back on in a few minutes, shut off again in 3-4 minutes, then
it might stay on for hours.

any thought on what it might be other that previously stated. also, no one
really gave an opinion as to whether it was worth fixing as the cost of
TV's has gone down considerably in the past few years.

Irish TV? Only plays shows you don't like - while you're out?

Jamie

meterman wrote:

I have the same tv, and you're right it does not matter if I turn in on
with the remote or use the power button on the tv. One other odd item,
sometimes the tv will not turn on at all, when this happens if I press the
tv/video button on the tv it will power up only to shut down 3-4 minutes
later, come back on in a few minutes, shut off again in 3-4 minutes, then
it might stay on for hours.

any thought on what it might be other that previously stated. also, no one
really gave an opinion as to whether it was worth fixing as the cost of
TV's has gone down considerably in the past few years.

thanks,

meterman

unwelcome guest walking around or nesting on the processor control lines?

James Sweet

"meterman" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
I have the same tv, and you're right it does not matter if I turn in on
with the remote or use the power button on the tv. One other odd item,
sometimes the tv will not turn on at all, when this happens if I press the
tv/video button on the tv it will power up only to shut down 3-4 minutes
later, come back on in a few minutes, shut off again in 3-4 minutes, then
it might stay on for hours.

any thought on what it might be other that previously stated. also, no one
really gave an opinion as to whether it was worth fixing as the cost of
TV's has gone down considerably in the past few years.

thanks,

meterman

Usually cold solder joints around the LOPT or power supply are the cause of
problems like this.