Kahlua53

Default RCA TV # E09344

Hello Everyone

I am trying to repair an RCA 9" Color TV #E09344 (5/2002)

I need to find a replacement Horz Output Transistor # ST1803DHI
Where would be the best place to get one? Most places have a min order price
and I only need 1 part.

Thank you,
Jeff
Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks
Art

Your local service shop that does RCA/GE repair may be of assistance,
probably charge full list price for it though. Maybe you can shop on line,
"Google", for the item or see if E-Bay can supply a working 9" at modest
charge?
BTW what caused that transistor to blow out, is the LOPT ok?? May want to
check out the associated components also, including, do you have drive to
the output and proper bias voltages.
"Kahlua53" wrote in message
Hello Everyone

I am trying to repair an RCA 9" Color TV #E09344 (5/2002)

I need to find a replacement Horz Output Transistor # ST1803DHI
Where would be the best place to get one? Most places have a min order
price
and I only need 1 part.

Thank you,
Jeff
Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks

Part number is 198794. Don't sub because it won't work. I agree though.
This transistor does not short without a cause. These are a complex set
to fix. I assume it's shorted center lead (collector) to one on the
other 2 leads? It's normal to measure a short between the 2 outer leads
E-B in circuit, and out of circuit normal to read about 25 ohms.

"Kahlua53" wrote in message
Hello Everyone

I am trying to repair an RCA 9" Color TV #E09344 (5/2002)

I need to find a replacement Horz Output Transistor # ST1803DHI
Where would be the best place to get one? Most places have a min

order
price
and I only need 1 part.

Thank you,
Jeff
Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks

Guaranteed something else caused this part to fail. You need to post
the complete CHASSIS number and your deflection stage troubleshooting.