yoda439

Default Question on capacitive and inductive pick-up wiring to BNC's.

I want to observe waveforms from my 2.9L engine.I had an old SEA engine
analyzer I parted out and have one capacitive pickup that goes to the
Sec.coil wire and the inductive pick-up for the trigger/#1 cyl.The
orig.cable has shield,white and black.My question is how to wire these up
to the new BNC plugs so I can plug them into my scope? Thanks

NSM

"yoda439" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...

| one capacitive pickup that goes to the Sec.coil wire and the

Y axis. Be sure it can handle the voltage.

| inductive pick-up for the trigger/#1 cyl.

Sync.

yoda439

I need to put a BNC termination on these.The cable has 1 Black,1 white and
shield.Is the black wire power and white and black shield/ground?

Isaac Wingfield

In article
outelectronicequipment
..com,
"yoda439" wrote:

I need to put a BNC termination on these.The cable has 1 Black,1 white and
shield.Is the black wire power and white and black shield/ground?

I have seen special "BNC" connectors that handled a twisted pair, but I
have no idea where you'd get them.

Isaac
NSM

"yoda439" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
I need to put a BNC termination on these.The cable has 1 Black,1 white

and
shield.Is the black wire power and white and black shield/ground?

More likely black is signal, white is other signal, shield is ground for
both. You'll need 2 * BNC, one for signal (Y), one for Sync.