Schnide

Default US SNES Jr with the wrong/too much UK voltage :(

Hello everyone,

I don't know if anyone can help but I thought I'd give it a try - I have an
American NTSC Super Nintendo Jr, the redesigned unit released in the US
only.

It runs on 850ma DC10v on an AC adapter and I've put 800ma 12v into it.
Ordinarily that would work fine as a previous power adapter ran it without
problems. However that adapter busted a while ago and I recently obtained a
new one - however I think I've put the wrong polarity into it and now it
won't boot up under any circumstances.

I'm not very technically minded and can't even begin to fix it. It's a
fairly rare and expensive machine and although I've been able to open it up,
I don't know what to repair or replace.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all how I could fix it or where I could
take it to be fixed?

Any help at all appreciated,

Schnide

Ken Weitzel

Schnide wrote:

No-one has any ideas..?

"Schnide" wrote in message

[...]

Hi...

I'll give it a shot; but you may not like it. I don't know
games at all, but...

Is it possible that when the adapter you were using
"busted" that it took the game itself with it?

And why would you use 12 volts when you know the game
wants 10? Isn't that kind of begging for trouble?

Ken

NSM

"Schnide" wrote in message
| No-one has any ideas..?

Really, no, not me for sure. you send it back to the US for service?

James Sweet

"Schnide" wrote in message
No-one has any ideas..?

"Schnide" wrote in message
[...]

Have you looked inside? If it's like the 8 bit NES, it has an internal 7805
regulator (though the NES also had a bridge rectifier so polarity is not an
issue), it's very possible that you simply cooked the 7805, look for a 3 pin
TO-220 device near where the power comes in.