Andy Cuffe

Default Tek 7D20 errors 6531 6532 65321

I'm working on a Tektronix 7D20 digital oscilloscope plug in that
fails the power on self test. It displays errors 6531 6532 65321.
After the self test it appears to work. I've already tried it in two
scopes with no change. Does anyone know what these errors mean?
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this email address first

Andy Cuffe

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:42:58 -0500, Andy Cuffe
wrote:

I'm working on a Tektronix 7D20 digital oscilloscope plug in that
fails the power on self test. It displays errors 6531 6532 65321.
After the self test it appears to work. I've already tried it in two
scopes with no change. Does anyone know what these errors mean?
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this email address first

I bought a service manual and found that the errors were with the
channel 1 attenuator. Reseating all the relays in the attenuator
seems to have cured the problem. I guess it was just a bad
connection.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this email address first

Jim Yanik

Andy Cuffe wrote in
:

wrote:

I'm working on a Tektronix 7D20 digital oscilloscope plug in that
fails the power on self test. It displays errors 6531 6532 65321.
After the self test it appears to work. I've already tried it in two
scopes with no change. Does anyone know what these errors mean?
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this email address first

I bought a service manual and found that the errors were with the
channel 1 attenuator. Reseating all the relays in the attenuator
seems to have cured the problem. I guess it was just a bad
connection.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this email address first

After having my memory jogged;
Those relays are known for having contact problems due to outgassing of
plastics creating a film on them and the PCB/substrate.

IIRC,they are also used in the 2445/2465 scopes attenuators,and some TM5000
plug-ins.

They may still be available from the company that bought the TM500/5000
line from TEK.(can't recall their name at present)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik