ArgGrr

Default Looking for Tech Sheet or help with Fisher & Paykel Smart Drive washingmachine.

Got a slight problem with it not wanting to spin at the end of a cycle.
Just popped out out of the blue. The Pump also seems to bail out all the
water it can, but since it wont spin its not much, clothes still wet.

It seems to agitate fine and do anything else. Its a direct drive, so i
assume from there the motor is fine etc.

Was looking for tech sheet so i can fathon its binary language out in
the diagnostic mode. (hold water level down button & power on)

Cheers
Kim Sleep

Man, I see more and more Paykel washer/dryer problems on the repair boards
lately. Good thing they are not available in Canada.

Kim..."A Man Of True Frankenstinean Proportions"

"ArgGrr" wrote in message
Got a slight problem with it not wanting to spin at the end of a cycle.
Just popped out out of the blue. The Pump also seems to bail out all the
water it can, but since it wont spin its not much, clothes still wet.

It seems to agitate fine and do anything else. Its a direct drive, so i
assume from there the motor is fine etc.

Was looking for tech sheet so i can fathon its binary language out in the
diagnostic mode. (hold water level down button & power on)

Cheers

ArgGrr

Well in all fairness its just started going again. Must have thought it
was a public holiday.

This could be due to the fact they may have a large share of the market.
They seem fairly robust machines, and have good diagnostics built into
them. (well as far as auto-washers go).
The direct drive technology is a god send. No belts and pullies and all
that garbage.

And new zealand is like canada in alot of ways, so maybe they have just
been rebranded!

"ArgGrr" wrote in message

Got a slight problem with it not wanting to spin at the end of a cycle.
Just popped out out of the blue. The Pump also seems to bail out all the
water it can, but since it wont spin its not much, clothes still wet.

It seems to agitate fine and do anything else. Its a direct drive, so i
assume from there the motor is fine etc.

Was looking for tech sheet so i can fathon its binary language out in the
diagnostic mode. (hold water level down button & power on)

Cheers

Mike Diack

ArgGrr wrote in :

Well in all fairness its just started going again. Must have thought
it was a public holiday.

This could be due to the fact they may have a large share of the
market. They seem fairly robust machines, and have good diagnostics
built into them. (well as far as auto-washers go).
The direct drive technology is a god send. No belts and pullies and
all that garbage.

And best of all, when the washing machine is well and truly stuffed, the
direct drive motors (which NEVER die) can be rejigged to make wonderful
low RPM generators. The back to nature greenie wind and water brigade
decend on these machines like demons during inorganic garbage collection
campaigns.
Actually 99% of the operational problems with these machines come down
to crap out of (usually kids) pockets and small change ending up in the
pump. Not to hard to fix but you do have to remove the top and pull out
the cylendar to get at it. The other thing that gets 'em is the
reinforcing rods out of underwire bras.
NSM

"Mike Diack" wrote in message
.. .
| ArgGrr wrote in :
|
| Well in all fairness its just started going again. Must have thought
| it was a public holiday.
|
| This could be due to the fact they may have a large share of the
| market. They seem fairly robust machines, and have good diagnostics
| built into them. (well as far as auto-washers go).
| The direct drive technology is a god send. No belts and pullies and
| all that garbage.
|
| And best of all, when the washing machine is well and truly stuffed, the
| direct drive motors (which NEVER die) can be rejigged to make wonderful
| low RPM generators. The back to nature greenie wind and water brigade
| decend on these machines like demons during inorganic garbage collection
| campaigns.
| Actually 99% of the operational problems with these machines come down
| to crap out of (usually kids) pockets and small change ending up in the
| pump. Not to hard to fix but you do have to remove the top and pull out
| the cylendar to get at it. The other thing that gets 'em is the
| reinforcing rods out of underwire bras.

I remember the 'fluff' from new diapers used to jam up the pumps regularly
before it was disposables all the way.

budgie

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:08:36 +1300, ArgGrr wrote:

Got a slight problem with it not wanting to spin at the end of a cycle.
Just popped out out of the blue. The Pump also seems to bail out all the
water it can, but since it wont spin its not much, clothes still wet.

It seems to agitate fine and do anything else. Its a direct drive, so i
assume from there the motor is fine etc.

Was looking for tech sheet so i can fathon its binary language out in
the diagnostic mode. (hold water level down button & power on)

Exactly which model# do you have?
ArgGrr

budgie wrote:
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:08:36 +1300, ArgGrr wrote:

Got a slight problem with it not wanting to spin at the end of a cycle.
Just popped out out of the blue. The Pump also seems to bail out all the
water it can, but since it wont spin its not much, clothes still wet.

It seems to agitate fine and do anything else. Its a direct drive, so i
assume from there the motor is fine etc.

Was looking for tech sheet so i can fathon its binary language out in
the diagnostic mode. (hold water level down button & power on)

Exactly which model# do you have?

#MW511 PRIDE model.

What happens, is when it hits the spin cycle, the pump will start and
pump out all available water. Then it will agitate twice, alternate
directions.

Next it will try to start spinning then just stop.. and after 5 mins or
so start beeping (once per second indicating general faliure i guess).

Stopping it, and starting again at the spin cycle can usually get it
working properly after a few goes.. So its bit of an odd ball problem.

So really, it hits the fault every time, but can be coaxed back into
service.

And i read that the tech sheet comes folded up inside the control panel
area, to the left of the water solenoids. Not the case here, the people
selling it musta swiped it or something to make sure they get their
service money. Who knows.