DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Transistor replacement (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/83620-transistor-replacement.html)

mattia_curto December 29th 04 02:06 PM

Transistor replacement

Hy, i've to repair an instrument with a broken tip74 transistor.

I don't find it because is obsolete, is there any possible replacement?

Rifleman December 29th 04 02:48 PM

Hi!

TIP74 is a PNP transistor, checkout the suffix on your TIP74 A to C.
If not any suffix BD250C will do. Hopefully you got space enough beacause
BD250 is slightly bigger than TIP74 I think.

Bjorn

lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...

mattia_curto December 29th 04 02:57 PM

My transistor in only tip74 without suffix.
I've some space fortunately...i'll try...

mattia_curto December 29th 04 02:59 PM

It's possible to replace it with a BD910?

Rifleman December 29th 04 04:47 PM

Hi again!

My simplified data sheet on BD910 doesn't tell everything but seem to me a
"not to bad choice"
Since I don't know for sure someone else might be able to spread some light.
It depends in what configuration your TIP74 is used.
Hopefully someone can comment on this, this is all I can tell right now.

mattia_curto December 30th 04 09:03 AM

Thanks a lot!
Greetings from italy.