Ggrebdlog

Default POP3, SMPT and CONNECTIONS

I am in the process of trying to set up Pegasus Mail. One of the required
fields
on the installation calls for input of SMPT, another calls for POP3 and one
calls for CONNECTION TYPE.

I do not even know what these terms mean let alone what their functions are but
I am in need of knowing exactly what to type into these field.

Any assistance with these matters is of course greatly appreciated, and I thank
you.

Best Regards!!
CJT

Ggrebdlog wrote:
I am in the process of trying to set up Pegasus Mail. One of the required
fields
on the installation calls for input of SMPT, another calls for POP3 and one
calls for CONNECTION TYPE.

I do not even know what these terms mean let alone what their functions are but
I am in need of knowing exactly what to type into these field.

Any assistance with these matters is of course greatly appreciated, and I thank
you.

Best Regards!!

You're in the wrong group, but I think what you need for the first
two is probably the names of your incoming and outgoing mail servers.
Those should have been provided by your ISP. I'm not sure whether by
connection type they mean, e.g. pppoe, or direct vs. proxy, or something
else, but surely it comes with some sort of documentation, so RTFM.

NSM

"Ggrebdlog" wrote in message
| I am in the process of trying to set up Pegasus Mail. One of the required
| fields
| on the installation calls for input of SMPT, another calls for POP3 and
one
| calls for CONNECTION TYPE.
|
| I do not even know what these terms mean let alone what their functions
are but
| I am in need of knowing exactly what to type into these field.
|
| Any assistance with these matters is of course greatly appreciated, and I
thank
| you.
|
| Best Regards!!

Go to the web site for your ISP. They will have step by step instructions.
The instructions for Outlook Express will be very similar to the settings
for Pegasus.

CompuServe is really AOL. You probably receive mail from imap.cs.com and
send to smtp.cs.com but you'll need to check. Connection type probably is
DSL or dial-up.

See http://tinyurl.com/5waoq for some help with a similar program.