nilknarf

Default Broken Voltage Selector on Pioneer A/V Receiver

I have a Pioneer VSX-3600 A/V receiver. It has two voltage selectors,
one being a slide switch (110V - 220V) and the other a dial switch
(220V - 110V - 120V - 240V). During a move, the dial switch got
completely knocked off the receiver and lost. I think this might of
had a fuse inside of it. The next time a plugged the receiver in after
the dial switch was knocked off, I get little power. Only my volume
knob led is lit. The display does not light and I get no sound from my
speakers.

So I'm guessing I need to either replace the dial switch (havn't been
able to find one), or connect some of the wires leading to that switch.

There are six wires leading to the dial switch. One wire (blue) leads
from the switch to a board that contains the voltage coming in from the
wall. This wire tests at ~ 70V. There are two other wires that test
around 70V and they lead to the power transfomer. The remaining three
wires test around 125V and also lead to the power transfomer.

There is a purple wire that leads to the transformer from the board
where the voltage comes in from the wall. This purple wire also tests
~ 125V. The four 125V wires all have continuity between them and the
three 70V wires also have continuity between themselves.

I was thinking about randomly connecting wires to see what would
happen, but am a bit hesitant to connect two hot wires together.
Any ideas?

Frank

NSM

"nilknarf" wrote in message
oups.com...
| I have a Pioneer VSX-3600 A/V receiver. It has two voltage selectors,

| I was thinking about randomly connecting wires to see what would
| happen, but am a bit hesitant to connect two hot wires together.
| Any ideas?

Yes. Don't randomly connect wires to see what will happen. You will need a
voltmeter (AC, multimeter is fine) and a transformer which puts out any
voltage between 6 and 30 volts approximately. Connect to secondary of this
to two of the wires that go to the transformer, then measure all transformer
voltages.

nilknarf

Here's what I currently have at the transformer

Brown: 67V
Red (leads to voltage selector switch): 67V
White(leads to voltage selector switch): 67V
Grey (leads to voltage selector switch): 123V
Yellow (leads to voltage selector switch): 123V
Black (leads to voltage selector switch): 123V
Purple: 123V

NSM

"nilknarf" wrote in message
oups.com...
| Here's what I currently have at the transformer
|
| Brown: 67V
| Red (leads to voltage selector switch): 67V
| White(leads to voltage selector switch): 67V
| Grey (leads to voltage selector switch): 123V
| Yellow (leads to voltage selector switch): 123V
| Black (leads to voltage selector switch): 123V
| Purple: 123V

If I had to guess I would imagine that the device is set for 220 VAC and is
being powered by 110 VAC. However I am concerned at the groups of identical
voltages. That is worrying.