Junior Member

Default sony cyber-shot dsc-s30 problem

we have a sony digital camera we have had for about 4years.it has a flip up viewer. recently the viewer is all scrambled. If you squeeze the view findr, it clears up. what could be the cause of this?

allen
Jerry G.

The ribbon cable, or connection in the viewfinder or driver unit has to be
changed, or one of these modules has to be changed to fix the problem. This
is something I doubt you can do yourself. You would have to have the parts
sources and the tools and expertise to do this type of work.

If you send the camera to the Sony service rep for your area, they can give
you an estimate for the cost of the repairs. You should expect about 1 to
1.5 hours for the labour, and the cost of the parts that have to be changed.
The total repair can come out to be about $90 to $200, depending on what
will actually be required.

Considering the age of the camera, you may want to upgrade to a newer model.
They are far improved over the last few years, and, the prices have dropped
dramatically for the performance available.

--

Jerry G.
======