Ken_B

Default Mystery probe

I've acquired a couple of probes marked "PR 200" & "PhilipsECG" on one side
of small box integrated with connector, 1/1-1/10 with adjustment hole on
other side (calibration?). Three-position switch on probe marked 1 - 10 - G.
I assume this is 1x/10x multiplier/ground selector.

Google search no help. Can someone give me any info on these? Thanks.

NSM

"Ken_B" @ wrote in message ...
| I've acquired a couple of probes marked "PR 200" & "PhilipsECG" on one
side
| of small box integrated with connector, 1/1-1/10 with adjustment hole on
| other side (calibration?). Three-position switch on probe marked 1 - 10 -
G.
| I assume this is 1x/10x multiplier/ground selector.
|
| Google search no help. Can someone give me any info on these? Thanks.

Resistance tip to ground on each setting?

Dbowey

Ken posted:

I've acquired a couple of probes marked "PR 200" & "PhilipsECG" on one side
of small box integrated with connector, 1/1-1/10 with adjustment hole on
other side (calibration?). Three-position switch on probe marked 1 - 10 - G.
I assume this is 1x/10x multiplier/ground selector.

I agree; it sounds like scope probes. The adjustment compensates for the coax
attenuation. When using a scope clip the probe to the "calibrate" test pin and
observe the scope display. Rotate the variable capacitor via the adjustment
hole to display the best squarewave.

Don

Ken_B

Infinity on all three switch positions. Did see an apparent capacitor charge
on 1 and 10.

These probes have BNC connectors, by the way. I'm sure they're scope probes.
I was hoping to find some specs.

"NSM" wrote in message news:bd2xd.5740$KO5.2934@clgrps13...

"Ken_B" @ wrote in message ...
| I've acquired a couple of probes marked "PR 200" & "PhilipsECG" on one
side
| of small box integrated with connector, 1/1-1/10 with adjustment hole on
| other side (calibration?). Three-position switch on probe marked 1 -
10 -
G.
| I assume this is 1x/10x multiplier/ground selector.
|
| Google search no help. Can someone give me any info on these? Thanks.

Resistance tip to ground on each setting?

NSM

"Ken_B" @ wrote in message ...
| Infinity on all three switch positions. Did see an apparent capacitor
charge
| on 1 and 10.
|
| These probes have BNC connectors, by the way. I'm sure they're scope
probes.
| I was hoping to find some specs.

All you can do is connect them to a scope, tweak them with the scopes'
calibration port or a square wave generator and them measure the frequency
response with a good RF generator.

There are 5 million scope probes in the naked city - no way to find the
particular specs for these.

Asimov

"Ken_B" bravely wrote to "All" (18 Dec 04 15:40:59)
--- on the heady topic of "Mystery probe"

Ke From: "Ken_B" @

Ke I've acquired a couple of probes marked "PR 200" & "PhilipsECG" on one
Ke side of small box integrated with connector, 1/1-1/10 with adjustment
Ke hole on other side (calibration?). Three-position switch on probe
Ke marked 1 - 10 - G. I assume this is 1x/10x multiplier/ground selector.

Ke Google search no help. Can someone give me any info on these? Thanks.

PR 200 is likely 200MHz since I know the PR 100 is 100MHz.
It's the best I can offer...

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... I lurk quietly and carry a big OFF/ON switch.