Default Emerson TV/VCR model VT2522D Service menu and other things

I have this set that came in with a tape jammed and a complaint of dark
picture and intermiitent power. I resoldered many bad connections on
the board and removed the tape from the machine. The set now will stay
on but the grey scale is way off and although brightness will adjust
the picture is also dark. I also noticed once in awhile the audio will
also get very low and distorted. It does not seem to be vibration
sensitive but it only happened twice so for now I would like to see if
its possible to first adjust the screens and hopefully a "brightness
limit" if there is one. Boosting the screen control has minimal affect
before retrace lines show. So hopefully its a brightness limit issue.
Then if I can get a reasonable picture I'll tackle the audio and tape
issues. Does anyone know how to get into the service menu on these sets
and how do you maneuver through it? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics.