SanchoPanza

Default Hitachi VT-FX523A(S) Fuse

Hello. I have a Hitachi VT-FX623A(S) which is about 5 years old. It
recently stopped working. Basically, it stopped working when no one was
around. The lights won't even come on. No display. No lights.

I've opened the device and noticed that the fuse (3A 250V) is blown.
I've tried replacing the fuse but each time after replacing the fuse,
when I plug in the VCR the fuse just burns out again.
Does anyone have experience they're willing to share about this?

john

Its got a short in it.

kip

Jerry G.

There is a short in the power supply. There are many types of parts that can
cause this problem. You would have to troubleshoot the supply to service
this. If you are not experienced in this type of repair, I would suggest you
give it out for at least an estimate, if the set is worth to service.

The power supply can be complicated to service, and there are safety issues
when working in these.

--

Jerry G.
======

"SanchoPanza" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello. I have a Hitachi VT-FX623A(S) which is about 5 years old. It
recently stopped working. Basically, it stopped working when no one was
around. The lights won't even come on. No display. No lights.

I've opened the device and noticed that the fuse (3A 250V) is blown.
I've tried replacing the fuse but each time after replacing the fuse,
when I plug in the VCR the fuse just burns out again.
Does anyone have experience they're willing to share about this?

AshTray700

the voltage regulator most likely has gone belly up and its drawing to much
current, many times something else gets the ax as well when it goes out.
if you attempt to repair it i would leave it off for a while and make sure
you drain the big electrolytic capacitors. and check for open resistors.
in the case of being hit by lightning you may have too look harder for
defective parts

SanchoPanza

Thanks all. Sounds like I should either "junk" it or take it to a
repair shop. I'm a novice don't have the experience it appears I'll
need to repair it.