Nielsen

Default Compaq MV 900 monitor problem.

My compaq MV900 montior has begun to "shut down" after about 20 minutes of
use - - if I wait 1 hour I can power it back on.
Anyone know which components i have to replace ?

Carsten

Jerry Greenberg

There is a component in the power supply, or one of the scan
amplifiers, or the HV section that has become thermo sensitive. After
it is warmed up over a period of time, there is a fault condition, and
the protection circuit is shutting the power supply, or the HV supply.
It is also possible that the fault can be in the protection circuit
itself.

You can use some freeze spray and a heat gun to troubleshoot for this.
You can start by heating and cooling the suspect components. It would
be best to at least troubleshoot the suspect areas to determine which
area is at fault to begin with.

This type of servicing takes discent experience, and knowledge of
troubleshooting monitors and TV sets. I would suggest to give the
monitor out ot someone who is experienced at this type of work. There
are also many safety issues in servicing these sets.

Jerry G.
========