an effect.

Thanks very much,

Danny

Master TV October 24th 04 10:56 AM

Did the first fly have hole in it too. If not probably just a bad
fly...Haven't been there myself...knock on wood...but I've read other
guys complaining about similar situations ever since china took over
RCA. Might wanna check B+ is normal.

Master TV October 24th 04 11:00 AM

wrote in message ...
Hi guys. Got a question for you all. CTC195A projection set. Came in, shuts
down instantly. Checked various things in horizontal, decided bad flyback.
Got an original RCA flyback, didn't come with any cap, resistor like I've
seen mentioned in another post. Just a HV wire if needed. Anyway, I put in.
Set runs like a champ, perfect picture and so forth, for 2 days. Put back
in. Lady calls back a day or so later. Flyback has burned a hole in the
side, and is arcing to metal heat sink nearby, about half an inch away.

Anyone seen this before? I'd rather try to figure out why it did that before
ruining another one. I have a HV splitter standing by in case that may have
an effect.

Thanks very much,

Danny

Did the original bad fly have a hole in it too? If not probably just
a bad fly. Hasn't happened to me (knock on wood)...read other guys
complaining of similar new fly failures since china took over RCA.
Might want to check for Normal B+ not to high

Tom MacIntyre October 24th 04 03:37 PM

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 01:12:06 -0500, wrote:

Hi guys. Got a question for you all. CTC195A projection set. Came in, shuts
down instantly. Checked various things in horizontal, decided bad flyback.
Got an original RCA flyback, didn't come with any cap, resistor like I've
seen mentioned in another post. Just a HV wire if needed. Anyway, I put in.
Set runs like a champ, perfect picture and so forth, for 2 days. Put back
in. Lady calls back a day or so later. Flyback has burned a hole in the
side, and is arcing to metal heat sink nearby, about half an inch away.

Anyone seen this before? I'd rather try to figure out why it did that before
ruining another one. I have a HV splitter standing by in case that may have
an effect.

Thanks very much,

Danny

The replacement flyback was possibly faulty.

Tom

James Sweet October 24th 04 08:02 PM

wrote in message
[...]

Did you measure the HV? If it wasn't excessive I would suspect the
replacement was defective.

john October 25th 04 03:22 PM

Did you use the RCA 239111 or Generic.
I have replaced dozens of these and never had a bad one Yet !

kip

October 26th 04 04:12 AM

It was an original RCA 239111 from local RCA auth parts house. It and the
one that came in DOA (worked as well as the original) both had build dates
of mid August 2004. Perhaps a flaky batch. I have put my name in for one
from next litter. Just kinda makes me scratch my head.

Danny

BWL October 27th 04 04:32 PM

I can't think of anything that would burn a hole in a flyback other than poor
construction; excessive H.V. would cause shutdown; or at least an arc somewhere
else, particularly around the anode caps or splitter...