mike

Default Sony AVD-K800P Receiver/DVD no sound

Hello:I have a Sony AVD-K800P combo receiver dvd 5 disc changer to repair.
Dvd player does not open . There is no sound output in any mode. All 6
output channels are good. I tested them with an external audio source. There
is audio from the tuner but it never gets to the output section. My tech
friend suggested it may be the cpu. Anybody have any experience on these. I
have checked all voltages as marked on the boards and they are good
Thanks Mike

Mark D. Zacharias

I've looked over the service manual. Probably not a repair for most
do-it-yourself-ers. It just appears to me as the type of a unit even many
techs might have problems with, especially without service literature. I do
thin I'd look at the 12 volt power source for the drawer motor. At the least
you seem to be missing that.

Mark Z.